“Learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the
fatherless, plead the case of the widow.” – Isaiah 1:17
Dark to Dawn’s mission is to defend the cause of children who are orphaned or in foster care by declaring God's mandate for their care and inspiring believers to take action.
Dark to Dawn is a faith-based organization, based in Ventura County, and established in June, 2009. We partner with domestic and international adoption and orphan care agencies, as well as local foster care agencies. Dark to Dawn was formed to help inspire Christians from any and every season in life to discover their God-directed path to care for children who are orphaned or in foster care, and to help people connect with existing ministries and agencies. We are committed to developing a broad-based coalition of churches who share a passion for the ministries of adoption, foster care and orphan care. Dark to Dawn is a tax-exempt,all-volunteer organization, with no paid staff or rented office space.
Our primary programs and activities are listed below:
- We bring together leaders of adoption, foster care, and orphan care ministries in Ventura County and nearby areas. Our goal is to help connect these ministries to each other, identify areas where we can work together, and help build a network of ministries in Southern California.
- Through our Adoption & Post-Adoption Fund, we provide financial assistance to families seeking to adopt a child, either locally or from another country, as well as support after the adoption. The Fund is administered by Lifesong for Orphans at no cost to us, so 100% of all contributions go directly to the families needing assistance.
- We work with foster and adoptive parent support groups to help provide clothing and financial support to families who are caring for children who were orphaned or are now in foster care.
- Our Transportation Fund provides financial assistance for foster youth who are purchasing a used car, or need repairs or insurance for their car. It is the only fund of its kind in Ventura County.
- Since 2011, Dark to Dawn has been the tax-exempt sponsor for a coalition of foster youth and agencies who sponsor Milestones, an annual event which honors foster youth, age 18 and older. Go to www.Milestonesvc.org for details.
- We partner with local churches and other faith-based groups in Ventura County as part of the Faith in Motion initiative, sponsored by Ventura County Children & Family Services.
Check out our Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/DarktoDawn. Contact – Karen Gamboa - email@example.com
“Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained
angels without knowing it.” – Hebrews 13:2